Wednesday 19 September 2007

Wow what a weekend - part 2

Sunday
(Conspiracy unmasked)

Despite the excess the day before I felt rather chipper even with the 7am start, caught the bus with no hassle and arrived in London for 11 even managed to find the right underground station

Okay going to take a minute here because a lot of negative stuff is said about the London underground, but personally I love it with a day travel card for just over a fiver you can easily visit all of Londons best loved attractions easily - once you work out the district and circular lines.

Right that said we travelled to our hotel, which was cracking Dory had picked well and got a decent deal. Plus the hotel was right near Kensington underground station which made life a lot easier. We then had a mystery trip (for me anyway) to Westminster underground station, at this point I still had very little idea what was going on and what the plans where, so was in a panic about getting there on time and couldn't understand when we got there why Dory wanted to stop for a cup of coffee until I twigged we where waiting for somebody not something.
So there we where and DW and Sally rolled up which is always a pleasant surprise after a wait another member of the pants rocked up (Kel) and we where off for a spot of lunch at the Slug and Lettuce, by this point I was happy with my surprise a day in the capitol with some of my closest friends. Oh boy was i wrong when i thought that was the end of it.

Sitting in the Slug and lettuce and was excited to see somebody who was the spitting image of my mate Suzie - I don't really do fashion but Suzie has a cracking punk esk look and always looks really cool. Of course it actually turns out to be Suzie and my world starts to get blurry as 20 odd friends from the forum turn up to wish me happy birthday, by this time I'm just in shock and have lost the ability to communicate effectively (Whole childhood loner now with tonnes of friends thing going on here) and could only smile seeing people arrive I was truly stunned.

But it didn't end there as everybody started to leave and we where dragged along in the flow towards the Star Wars exhibition, now I'm a big fan of all the Star Wars films but more so a massive film geek and love the stuff behind the films, the stories, the sets props and effects. So a trip to the Star Wars exhibit was just chuffing awesome seeing the costumes and props that where used (including the Leia slave girl costume!!!) in the films and of course visiting it with a group of nutters like the forum crowd meant it was just jumping the whole time we even made a Jedi blush.

It was indeed a very cool day and myself and Dory finally crashed quite early back at the hotel exhausted, where the final highlights of the night come in with Shaun of the dead on TV, my team hitting the top of the fantasy league and lots of.........

No it really isn't that sort of blog, go find girl with a one track mind.

2 comments:

DeeDubya said...

it was a top weekend indeed. It was so funny when you saw Suze, jumped up and said "there's someone who looks just like Suze out there, look when she walks past the door" and we were all going "no? Really?" and then she walked in. Wish I'd had camera ready.

And you didnt mention your Jedi training an dlightsabre duel (but I might have to remedy that with a link when it goes on YouTube!

Glad you had a good birthday mate.

Vimes said...

youtube your so low tech, should it reach online it will be hosted on my multimedia storage archive of doom.