Wednesday 19 September 2007

Wow what a weekend - part 1

Okay, okay so for all my panic the weekend was tip top so I'm afraid I'm goiung to have to break from my normal moaning routine and give you a quick run down of what was one of the best weekends I've had in ages.

Saturday:

Caught train to Norwich to watch the football with my brother and my Dad, arrived in pub at 12:00 and proceeded to drink solidly until kick off at 2:45 .
Got to the match and watched a fairly typical Norwich V QPR match, with QPR doing their normal "we're playing away from home so stick 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes". The ref was bloody awful blowing his whistle on nearly ever 50/50 challenge but missing some blatant fouls, the best that could be said for him was he was unbiased and equally as shit for both teams.

Half time more drinking

Second Half much like the first, until the last 10 minutes or so when Norwich finally broke through and scored one!!!! Ironically they scored just as Dad and Brother had vanished to the loo, but i saw the goal and was more than happy until the ref who having totally missed a tackle which outside the ground would have been classed as a mugging minutes before then booked our striker for "Over celebrating" I mean WTF is that about!?!

Any hoo game over and a trip back home and out for a Curry, though I was feeling rather special by then so only managed a few grains of rice, but I was surrounded by some of my nearest and dearest friends so had an absolute blast, luckily they where on top form as I was rather quite - no doubt they'll say it was a nice change.

No comments: