Thursday 20 September 2007

Musing

Last few days has certainly given me a lot to think on, like the nature of friendship.

Now I'm not going to go into a long spiel about me being some loner happily shunning the world in favour of my own company, cause frankly that lark is for Goths, Emos and people really into masturbation.

Plus in my case it wouldn't be true, whiled I'm happy enough to be on my own and stutter and shy away from large crowds, I've always enjoyed the company of a few good friends I like to talk bollocks (you may have noticed) and set the world to rights over a few drinks. But how does friendship happen, couple of years ago all my close friends where people I'd known for years and nobody else really got a look in. Now except for a few examples I'd much rather spend time with a couple I met at a music festival (actually we started talking online, but at a music festival sounds SO much cooler) and to be honest most of my closest Friends come from online communities, music festivals being the most common denominator.

It comes as a bit of a kick in the teeth for me as I was one of the most cynical buggers about online friendships and it is certainly my more cynical side that gets the most coverage so I do wonder how the hell I attract friends and how I've been lucky enough to make such good friends in with it.

No comments: