Wednesday 5 September 2007

Turning 30

Really haven't had time to think about turning 30, like most birthdays I don't think it will make a shits worth of diffrence.

The funny thing I've found about 30 is other peoples reaction, everybody below 30 seems to think its a big deal, whiled everybody above 30 seems to think "Oh is that all". I certainly don't fear being 30 once the actual birthday bit is out of the way after all I look forward to being an official miserable old git.

Looking around the net a lot of people seem to have this big list of things they want to acheive by 30 well so far I've
Got a degree
Was hugely successful in my occupation to the point of helping lead the rest of the country in new youth working techniques
Quit said career for the quite life
Overcome drug addiction
Wrote an acedemic paper - (participation based youth work)
Wrote for a major music mag (Okay it was Mofo but thats still an acheivement)
Wrote for a major music website (Love or hate efestivals.co.uk it has acheived a lot)
Met more famous people than most
Worked in a top kitchen
Visited 7 diffrent foreign countries (Soon to be 8!!!)
Changed career 5 times
Got married and still be happy
Got into major dept

Okay that last ones a bit shit, but that list isn't bad. Get this fucking dept out of the way and looking at the friends I have now compared to when I was 18 my life will be an absolute roller coaster better than its ever been where getting out and doing stuff is concerned.

So my plans for the years 30 to 40
Actually maintain a blog longer than a few months
Clear my depts
Learn to drive
Quit smoking
Get out more
Stay married

No comments: