Monday 24 September 2007

What a start to a week

8:01am First call to the helpdesk of the week and it is that fantastic mix of lies and complete fucking incompetence.

Dink: I'm trying to login but ctrl-alt-delete doesn't seem to do anything
Me: Okay did you get any error messages before that came up?
Dink: No
Me: Okay can you shut the PC down, check your keyboard is securely plugged in and try again.
Dink: I've already checked that, that's a simple thing I've already done that.
Me: Okay but I need you to try again and tell me if there is any errors messages this time.
Dink: I've checked it and I'm sure its secure
Me: Me okay try powering up the PC again
Dink: I am it still doesn't work
Me: Do you get any lights on the keyboard
Dink: No
Me: Okay switch off again and unplug the keyboard
Dink: How?
Me: The plug you checked before unplug it then try putting it back in.
Dink: Errrr.....
Me: Follow the cable from the back of the keyboard to the back of the PC
Dink: Oh......
Dink: Its not plugged in

Why? Why get snotty because you are asked to do something you have told me you have already done. Why not admit you don't know what your doing and be polite about asking for help?

Fuckwit

1 comment:

DeeDubya said...

People like this shouldn't be allowed to breed