Wednesday 5 March 2008

Telephones

I really dislike telephones which is sadly ironic as I work on a Helpdesk where the phones ringing all the time, though this is possible in its self enough of a reason to hate them.

But no, I hate them for the complete lack of manners.

Imagine yourself sitting at home watching TV maybe having a crafty snuggle with the missus or in the middle of eating your tea, when somebody comes running in screaming "TALK TO ME, TALK TO ME". Annoying yes?

But it's exactly what telephones allow people to do, shouting for your attention cause somebody wants to sell you double fucking glazing or more annoyingly wants to sell you another fucking phone FUCK OFF!

And they are 24/7 there is no escape any time of the night or day it can just go off with another person demanding your attention or most usually demand you listen to their sales pitch oh but you cant unplug the fucking thing after all it might be an emergency somebody might desperately need you, though lets be honest that's is about o.o1% of the time but who knows it might be which is really just the negative version of buying a lottery ticket.

On the reverse I love text messages being able to fire of random thoughts and messages to family and friends for them to read at their leisure and just as importantly I can read at my leisure or just click delete when I'm not interested. I love getting random text messages from friends which is unusual for me as I've never really bothered about stuff like that but it is nice to know how they are and how they are doing.

I'm covering up that I'm missing my friends who are away on holiday well aren't I?

I'm feeling: Tired everything feels far to much effort and most likely is

Media for the moment: Nirvana Serve the servants

Today's negative: Far, far to busy with people wasting my time and needing their hand holding

Today's Positive: A customer taking a moment to acknowledge they had been rude and to say thank you for my time.

No comments: