Wednesday 12 March 2008

Should I stay or Should I go

Ever been addicted to something but not able to walk away?

And I don't mean like smoking or Alcohol but situations or places, where you go and despite it annoying you, you keep finding reasons to go back. Like prodding at a bad tooth waiting for the pain you get more and more wound up with yourself as much as anything but again you tumble back there "just going for a look".

My vice for this is message boards and web forums I'm normally a member of at least 3 or 4 at any one time, recently I have cut down as my interest in them has waned leaving just a faithful few where either I have an interest in the subject of the forum or one's where I know a lot of the people involved unsurprisingly it is the latter where I'm having the mental song and dance with - for those of you from that forum that read this and twig I suggest you read the rest of the blog to understand where this all comes from.

To be clear I consider many of the people there to be good friends who if I lost contact with them I'd really miss them but this isn't about friendship as I do like most of the members of the forum it's the attitudes that I have come to loathe and the attitude of the forum, more than anything I'm fed up with trying to change it, or sorting out petty squabbles. It's just a forum is an amazing cry from most members (myself included) which does really poke against the idea that it is a site for friends to keep in contact with each other, see in my mind the two aren't interchangeable you are either amongst friends or you are just on a forum and if it is just a forum why not open the doors to all comers?

To be honest the best thing I can do is walk away give it time and go back later when my heads cleared, but frankly I'm shit at that and find myself muddling along there again just to see how so and so is doing before long I'm dragged into it again, I could delete my account which has a certain level of temptation, but I wont because I still want to be involved I just wish I could make myself do it on my own terms.


I'm feeling: Frustrated

Media for the moment: Juno - Saw it last Friday and loved it what a great film

Today’s negative: The above waffle to be honest

Today’s Positive: Chris Moyles played the theme tune to Ducktales this morning so i shouted along, I loved that cartoon.

No comments: