Tuesday 16 October 2007

I'm back!

Yes finally I have work time to waste after returning from a rather genius Holiday in Spain

A totally new experience for me a holiday without daily route marches in an effort to go somewhere new, instead there was alcohol and sunshine and plenty of time to soak them both up fan funking tastic.

Plus -as if a another bonus was needed- I was surrounded by people I love, my wife and two of my best mates.

Really not doing my moaning and cynical much good here am I?

Suppose I could launch into a rant about the worst elements in Spain, the British tis true. Go to Spain find a glaring fleapit with as much tackiness and selling as much over priced shit as possible and you can bet it has a heavy British influence, find the loudest most obnoxious drunk they'll be British, each and every time. They want us to believe the trouble with Britain is immigration but the fact is the problem with the world is British emigration.

But enough more about me me me!

Okay an interesting point -well it was for me- as normal at the start of the holiday self confidence was at its standard low and I was pretty much convinced I would be playing the Jason Voorhees to the others Sun lake campers routine, this not being helped by both SJ and Dory being beautiful and deedub being good looking in that strange skinny bloke way thats popular at the moment, it was a tough mental challange just to don shorts instead of jeans let alone remove the normally perminantly attached baggy T shirt and expose flesh to the the sun.

But what fascinated me was the others felt the same way, just in diffrent ways either too skinny, or no shape or too fat or too shapely I mean ffs between us we probally had one perfect looking couple! But of course it was rubbish but in the absurdity of it I released how daft I was being, yes okay it wasn't a sudden rebirth with me believing I was some adonis but shit some times depression is absurd. Yes I might not win any beauty awards but lesson learned if I'm going to preach anti media induced body image twoddle I really should start living it a bit more and relax about it.

So I did happy in the fact I was surrounded by beautiful people more importantly they are beautiful friends - yeah okay and it was helped by the realisation that actually we all where closer to the media perfection than 99% of the other hotel guests.

Okay stopping now before we all drown in a sea of soppy sentimentality

1 comment:

DeeDubya said...

THe measures of vodka helped too