Monday 7 July 2008

Glastonbury part 2

Thursday

Thursday starts bright and early no acts on until late on today so most of it was spent bimbling around, Dory runs off with Sally and Imp to buy fancy dress like items whiled I myself and the big brother unit meet up with the boy deedubya and sup a beer before having our own site wonder, now the idea was for a pub crawl but as usual we totally failed to get broken and the time was spent chatting and bimbling under the lovely summer sun taking in the sites.

Meeting back up with the girls for a spot of lunch where we discovered the most disappointing toasted sandwiches, now yes I'm getting old but the idea of a toasted sandwich seemed like a winner for a lunch time snack and Glastonbury food is normally a lot better than the standard festival fair. Mistake forgot my golden rule of buying no food within site of the Pyramid stage and we ended up with tiny pannini bread cheese sandwiches barely worth the effort of waiting for the buggers to be cooked, never mind lesson learned early this year.

Now the next part of the day is open to debate see the plan was to return to the tents get dressed up in fancy dress gear and return for a 4pm meet, now I know I buggered up and didn't say to Sally whose idea it was "Don't do it 4pm is a bloody silly time for a meet" but I should have done. 4pm meet meant it was 6 and a half hours before acts where on people wanted to see it was also during the late afternoon crash time where people have done their exploring and where resting up ready for the night time shenanigans hanging around in fancy dress for that amount of time wasn't really going to be a goer unless mass amounts of alcohol was consumed. But we carried on regardless managing to get the mead crew moving barely an hour late - fancy dress not being a major issue for us as myself and imp relied on a change of top (in my case including a name badge with God on it) only Blabber and Dory went whole hog Blabber in full clockwork Orange gear and Dory in a little green fairy outfit (She looked so sweet).

The meet was great as always Sally and Dee doing the Dread pirate Roberts and Princess Buttercup from The Princess' Bride not to mention Smurfs, Fairys, Tigers, cross dressing and Nuns a plenty was a lot of fun and a chance to give Debs whose Birthday is this week a birthday cake and a group cheer.

Things did bugger up a bit when the heavens opened and it started to piss with rain, the curse of Glastonbury had returned with a vengeance I stuck it out for a few hours but decided to retreat back to base camp to change to warmer drier clothes before coming back, well that was the plan...

Will mention here my new tent tis lovely and on the Thursday it paid for itself as I was able to stand up inside it strip off wet gear and change to dry stuff without crawling around on the floor or getting wet stuff in the sleeping area.

The change of clothes lifted my mood again a happier drier but absolutely shattered (I think by this point I'd had 9 hours sleep in 3 days) so instead of bimbling back down myself imp and Dory sat under the gazebo chatting before going our separate ways to bed

Cont....

No comments: